Guava for Lowering Cholesterol
Guava is a humble and inexpensive fruit. It is even regarded as one of the super foods because of the rich benefits it has offered. It is part of the Myrtle family and it natively comes from Central America, Mexico and South America. There are around 100 species of it. It has been cultivated and naturalized throughout the tropic and subtropic areas including South Asia, Southeast Asia, Africa, New Zealand, Caribbean, Australia and North America.
Guava has a number of benefits. It is because of the rich content of vitamin C and fiber, especially soluble fiber or pectin. The dietary fiber (pectin) has benefited to lower the cholesterol by using the bile acids to bind it in the body and help remove the cholesterol out of the body. This natural cleansing process is good to reduce the levels of blood serum LDL. The consumption is simple. Guava can be eaten in raw. It is also possible to make it into the tasty juice, smoothie or dessert. Here is a sample of juice recipes to use guava for lowering cholesterol:
The ingredients you need:
- 1 green guava (wash thoroughly, remove the seed and cut into smaller pieces)
- 2 pomegranates (wash thoroughly, remove the skin, take the pulp)
- 2 cups of water or as much as needed
How to Make:
- Put pomegranates pulp, water, green guava, and honey in a blender. Blend them into a smooth consistency. You can use a mixer too.
- Remove the mixture from the blender and chill it for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately
This juice should be consumed every morning or before going to bed.
The uncontrolled cholesterol can be very dangerous to the body health. It will lead to more serious conditions including stroke and heart attack. It is highly recommended then to take an effective supplement to lower the cholesterol. As the alternative to medications with chemical content, you can simply put guavas into your diet. It is easy to find and to process it.