Bitter Leaves to Cure 14 Type of Diseases
Bitter leaves or Sambiloto leaves is a type of plant that is found in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and some regions in the Americas. In these countries, this plant has become a plant that is widely known to have properties that can cure various diseases from mild disease to severe disease.
Sambiloto plants characteristic of standing upright with a height of up to 90 cm. Sambiloto mainly contains andrographolide, a substance that has the most bitter taste in the leaf. In addition there are several other chemicals andrographan, diterpen lactone, homoandrographolide, andrographosterin and andrographon.
Here are 14 types of diseases that can be cured by this leaf potion with a certain dose and regular consumption. However, still consult your doctor before you decide to take alternative treatment using this leaf.
Several studies have shown that the bitter leaf extract combined with Siberian ginseng is efficacious to alleviate the common cold symptoms, both for adults and children, when the herb leaves are taken within the first 72 hours.
The symptoms or disturbances caused by the flu can already improve after 2-7 days, until all the symptoms disappear.
The andrographolide compounds in sambiloto serve to lower glucose levels in the blood. Many studies conducted in countries such as Indonesia that successfully proves that the decoction of this leaf can lower blood glucose levels.
Diabetes (diabetes melitus) is a disease characterized by blood sugar levels exceeding normal limits, due to absolute or relative insulin deficiency.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent urination, especially at night.
- Often feel thirsty and hungry (which is not fair)
- Often sleepy
- Feeling itchy and tingling.
- Dry skin
- Susceptible to ulcers and ulcers
- The wound is hard to heal.
- Weight continues to fall unnaturally
How to prepare:
- Prepare ½ hand ginger leaf, then wash until clean (wash with running water).
- Boil the leaves with 3 cups water to boiling
- After that filter
- Drinking the juice in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Or, if your diabetes is not too high, it can be taken one time every day.
#3 Treating Dysentery
Bitter leaf potion to treat dysentery.
How to make it:
- First mix the juice of 500 grams of krokot herb, which was evaporated before then pounded with 10 grams of dried bitter leaves.
- Stir until evenly distributed, then divide into three portions, to drink 3X in 1 day, ie morning, noon, afternoon or evening.
Other studies in Japan have also proven that the compound andrographolide (compounds contained in the bitter leaves) serves to inhibit tumor cells and cancer. The anti-cancer capabilities conceived on sambiloto were revealed in the experiment. Sambiloto proven against squamous cell cancer and lymphocyte cells that have been affected by leukemia. Other research results, also concluded that Sambiloto extract can inhibit the growth and development of breast cancer cells.
The content of bitter leaf is also efficacious to inhibit the process of DNA synthesis of cancer cells. The form of treatment using plants sambiloto very easy, you just need to prepare fresh bitter leaves, then boiled until boiling. Then, consume it (after cooling) as much as 2-3 times a day.
The most important thing, routinely consult with a doctor or health professional to control the condition of cancer that suffered.
#5 Treating Headaches
Bitter leaves can be relied upon to overcome the headache, including if also suffer influenza and fever. How to make the potion, first of all mash 1 handful of bitter leaves, then mix with ½ cup water. Squeeze the water and drink at once. Meanwhile, the dregs from the leaves can be used as a poultice to lower body temperature.
#6 Treating Mosquito Bites
Bitter leaves are useful for removing toxins caused by bites (including snake bites).
How to prepare the potion:
- Take some bitter leaves, then wash them clean.
- Chew the bitter leaves
- Then the bitter leaf dregs are attached to the affected part of the bite.
How to make the ingredients:
- Take 15 leaves of bitter leaf, then wash until clean.
- Boil the leaves with 2 cups water to boil and become the remaining 1 cup.
- Then strain after cool
- Drink boiled water, can also mixing pure honey
- Drink 3 times a day.
#8 Treating fever
Especially to overcome the fever, prepare fresh bitter leaf as much as 1 handful, then crushed. Add 1/2 cup of clean water, then strain and drink the water. Bitter leaves are smoothly ground can also be applied to compress the body, thereby lowering the body heat temperature to normal.
#9 Treat Malaria
How to make the potion:
- Prepare a handful of bitter leaves, then wash until clean.
- Boil a bitter leaf with four glasses of water
- Allow to boil and only 2 cups of water remain.
- Strain and drink the concoction 3 times a day (each ½ cup)
#10 Lowering blood pressure
The content of potassium compounds in the leaves is beneficial for lowering blood pressure. In a pharmacological experiment results showed that boiled water of bitter leaf can help lower blood sugar levels.
#11 Diet or Lose Weight
Bitter leaves also contain tannin and mustilago compounds, in which Tanin compounds play a role in the process of protection from the attack of bacteria and harmful substances. In the process of weight loss, tannin serves to reduce the excessive absorption of fat by the body.
Tannin compounds can also act as antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiparasitic that keeps the body from attacking bacteria.
Tannin compounds are mostly contained in the leaves, which is powerful to reduce the absorption of food (especially fat), by depositing the protein mucosa in the intestinal surface.
The mustilago compound if encountered with water, will form a viscous fluid such as mucus that its function is to coat the inner wall of the digestive tract, to prevent the occurrence of irritation, acidity and inflammation.
Mustilago compounds are also useful to facilitate the digestive tract. So the benefits are very large in the form of protecting the intestines from the absorption of fat and other substances in the intestine, and reduce the precipitation.
However, it should be noted that the consumption of substances with these two compounds excessively can actually result in the body lack of nutrients and dehydration. So the body becomes tend to weak and susceptible to disease.
How to make a bitter leaf potion:
- First wash 3-5 leaves (wash with clean running water).
- Then the bitter leaf boiled in 3 cups of water 250 cc, let the water boil until the remaining 2 cups only.
- You can mix with 1 tablespoon of native honey into boiling water to remove bitter taste.
- Finally, drink the stew bitter leaf while warm.
- It is useful to make the digestion becomes smooth and absorption of fat into the body decreased so as to prevent the buildup of fat in the body, which can increase the weight becomes excessive.
#12 Treat Sore Throat
The way to make potions, take 10-15 leaves, then boiled by using 2-3 cups of water to boiling water and boiling water is left only about 1 cup. After that cool and drink boiled water. It is recommended if the herb is added with 3-5 pieces of red betel leaf.
#13 Treating Tonsillitis
Tonsils can be overcome with this leaf, the way is to boil the leaves and then drink. Usually you just need to drink it twice to make it deflated.
#14 Treating Lung Diseases (TBC, Pneumonia)
Besides that this bitter leaves also plays a role to overcome the pain of the lungs. Get 3 pieces of leaves, roast it, and eat it. You can mix it with honey or banana to compensate its bitter taste.
Side Effects of Bitter Leaf
But, before you start to consume it, you’d better read about its side effect. Bitter leaf medicinal herbs are safe if taken with the right dose (not excessive) and only in the short term, this applies both to adults and children.
It is important not to overdo the consumption of bitter leaf (including boiled water), and do not use in the long term, because it can cause side effects such as loss of appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, headache, and fatigue.
Also, this leaves should not be consumed by pregnant and lactating mothers, because it can increase the risk of miscarriage.