7 Amazing Benefits of Consuming Watermelon for Your Body
Watermelon is a kind of watery fruit where most of its flesh has red color. The fruit is very suitable to be consumed when the air was very hot or during the day are quite hot. This is because, almost 90 percent of the content of the watermelon consists of water. The fruit is easy to get in traditional markets as well as in more modern markets. Most of us would like to consume the juicy fruit. However, in addition to substitute for relieving thirst, there are several other health benefits of watermelon for your body.
The red color in watermelon indicates that this fruit contains a variety of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, potassium, beta-carotene, vitamin C and fiber needed by the body. Therefore, begin providing watermelon as one of the desserts on each of your daily menu. The content of various nutrition and vitamin in watermelon helps preserve and maintain the health of each person’s body. Health tips this time will reveal the benefits of watermelon that you may not know. Here are 7 amazing benefits of watermelon for the health of your body:
- Healthier heart. Watermelon is a source of lycopene. Lycopene contained in watermelon fruit is essential for maintaining the health of the heart organ you have.
- Healthier eyes. This is because, these fruits contain beta-carotene which will be converted in the body into vitamin A. Vitamin A is a vitamin that will nourish your organs of sight.
- Boost the Immune System. Watermelon is also a source of vitamin C. Vitamin C has a function to help improve the body’s immune system. So the body will not easily hurt when the weather is less good or very extreme.
- Protection From CO2 effects. Various smoke from factories, motor vehicle fumes and dirty air is inhaled can trigger the influx of free radicals that can harm your body. Watermelon contains carotenoid compounds that can neutralize free radicals that enter into the body of a person.
- Strengthening Bones. This is because, watermelon is a fruit that is rich in potassium content. Potassium serves to maintain calcium in the body. So that bones and joints will be healthier and stronger all the time.
- Keep Kidney Healthier. Consuming watermelon will help increase the flow of urine. With the smooth flow of urine then it will impact on the health of people kidney.
- Reduce Fat. Watermelon is a type of fruit that is rich in citruline which serves to reduce excess fat inside your body.
What are you waiting for? Start your healthy life by consuming watermelon regularly.